As of September 2018 I will be working from Beauty Academy South East, Sittingbourne High Street – 2 days a week :
Thursdays and Saturdays and will be offering the following:
- Nutrition Consultations
- Energy Healing with sound and Oracle Card Readings
- “M” Technique Massage
- Supplement review
- 6 Week Meditation Course
and coming soon
- Nutriton and Health Awareness Courses
- Become a Meditation Teacher
For contact details and directions please click here
To book your appointment, follow the link below
and find our more about B.A.S.E here
MAGNESIUM to Rebalance Your Hormones
Magnesium is key for liver detoxification, thyroid function, estrogen balance, insulin sensitivity and production of hormones such as estrogen and progesterone.
The signs of low magnesium: Aches and pains, cramps, insomnia, constipation, PMS, breast lumps, low energy levels. Magnesium is essential for over 500 processes in the body. Follow the links below for more info:
Short Video HERE
DAILYS D’s and VITAL B’s for Hormone Health
Vitamin Bs are critical for liver detoxification, we need them for hormone metabolism and excretion of the excess and toxic. Vitamin B is also responsible for mental health (B1), thyroid function (B2), for depression (B3), adrenal health (B5) and energy (B12). More and more people are deficient in vitamin D and low levels have been linked to auto immune conditions, depression, hair loss, bone health and even certain cancers.
You need to make sure your vitamin D is combined with K which aids D absorption.
I get my Daily D’s and Vital B’s from a supplement that contains not only these but other essential vitamins such as Vitamin C, and Vitamin K. These essential vitamins play a vital role in supporting the body’s overall performance, normal functioning of the nervous and immune systems, reducing fatigue and contributing to normal psychological function, normal red blood cell formation and homocysteine metabolism. Vitamin K has a set of its own benefits, playing a key part in maintaining normal bones. The combination of ingredients in ProArgi-9+ was meticulously formulated to support exceptional health. This product is pure, potent and formulated to help you live life optimized.
Recommended : ProArgi9+
ESSENTIAL FATS for Hormone Health
Fish oil omega 3’s help to reduce systemic inflammation. An inflamed cell is not a healthy cell so it is essential to reduce inflammation in the body. Omega 3’s can help with hot flashes, postmenopausal depression, thyroid function and adrenal deficiency. Essential fatty acids also contribute to normal heart function but can only be obtained through diet.
The source of Omega-3 I use comes from cold water fish which is one of the richest sources of naturally occurring EPA and DHA unsaturated fats and is obtained in a sustainable manner certified by the Marine Stewardship Council. With a smooth lemon flavour the matrix gel is the fastest and easiest way to obtain these essential nutrients.
I have taken the best quality Omega 3’s that I had access to in the past as I know that they are essential and we have to get them through our diet but I can’t honestly say I noticed a big difference but within 3 – 4 days of taking the Gel Matrix Omega 3’s I noticed a difference in my mood, my energy levels and my skin.
Recommended : The Omega 3 Matrix Gel is a very new and exclusive supplement and can only be obtained by contacting me
I hope these tips help you with hormone balance for you and any other women in your life, friends and/or family. As always combining a whole-foods diet with healthy lifestyle choices, a less toxic environment and the right supplementation will start your journey to vibrant, long-lasting wellness. If you are looking to make changes to your health, no matter where you are starting from then contact us to find out how we can help and how you can get a discount on of the supplements mentioned above.
Discover the Future of Health Care, it starts with #SelfCare. When it comes to your health YOU are the most important person to take care of your health, but you don’t know what you don’t know. So tune into our FREE Foundation for Elite Health Series and find out how you can have Elite Health at any age – it’s your choice! Contact me for your link to register.
I truly believe that your body is worthy of good care, that the body can heal itself if you give it the opportunity to do so. Over the last 7 years as a Clinical Nutritionist, and Sports and Exercise Nutritionist some of the biggest challenges I come across both for client’s and other practitioners is the use of supplements. Nothing gets people jumpier than a box of frogs than when you mentions supplements …………..
As a clinical nutritionist, I get asked about supplements all the time. Do we really need to supplement? Can’t we get everything we need from our food? If we do need to supplement, what are the best supplements? And there are so many options … how can you know what’s right for you and your clients? I also see a lot of scaremongering and misinformation out on the internet and social media. So I am going to answer two questions……………..
- Do you really need to Supplement?
- Are you 100% certain your supplements are Safe?
So the first question – Do you REALLY need to supplement
I am a BIG believer in getting as many of your nutrients a day through real, whole food – The most bio-available nutrients are those found in nature’s best multi-vitamin: a diverse, nutrient-dense real food diet, homemade and from local organic sources.
This is a goal for everyone to strive for. If you’re not eating a diverse nutrient-dense diet, prepared from raw local and organic sources, then there’s a good chance that you need a boost from supplements.
And sadly, even if you ARE eating this way, you probably still need extra support. It’s part of modern life – we’re not outside enough to get sufficient vitamin D, if you live in the Northern hemisphere chances are that even if you are outside you are still not getting enough Vitamin D. We are now so focused on cleanliness and anti-bacterial wipes, soaps you name it we are not playing and working in the dirt to get soil-based probiotics, add soil depletion, modern farming methods, lifestyles full of chronic stress, and massive toxic exposure to the list, and even if you’re eating the best organic diet, there’s a good chance your body still needs the extra resources.
So the short answer is yes: we all need to supplement. How much and to what extent depends on your lifestyle, your diet and what’s currently going on in your body.
- Soil depletion has reduced the nutrient content of our food supply
- Hybrid crops provide lower-nutrient food
- Modern fertilizers do not supply enough trace elements
- Modern use of chemical pesticides and herbicides all over the world make food somewhat toxic, and damage soil microorganisms. Both of these also reduce the nutrition of the crops.
- Long-distance transportation of many foods diminishes their nutritional content.
- Food processing often drastically reduces the nutrient content of common foods such as wheat flour, rice, dairy products and others.
- Pasteurization and homogenization of dairy products drastically reduces the bioavailability nutrients
- Food additives often further deplete nutrients.
- Weak digestion and poor eating habits impair the absorption of nutrients.
- Stressful and hurried lifestyles impair digestion and use up more nutrients
- Chronic and acute infections and other illnesses most people have also depletes nutrients and increases nutritional needs.
- Almost all babies are born with congenital mineral and other deficiencies
- The increased use of vaccines and medical drugs can drastically deplete a person’s nutrition.
- Toxic chemicals and toxic metals in the air, water and elsewhere also deplete nutrients and increase the need for nutrition to combat them.
- Some medical procedures also drastically deplete nutrients.
- Special life situations require extra nutrition: babies, children, the elderly athletes, anyone who is ill, particularly those with a chronic illness, pregnant and lactating women, anyone who uses alcohol, refined sugar or recreational drugs, anyone following a vegetarian or other restricted diet for any reason such as weight loss or anything else, anyone under extra stress due to financial issues, a difficult job or marriage, or for any other reason.
Add up the numbers in these groups and you have most of the population! So now you are convinced you need to supplement the next question is :
Are your Supplements Safe…….. Not all supplements are created equal.
I strongly encourage you to do your homework here. If you’re going to invest in supplements, for goodness sakes don’t scrip and save and buy the cheapest you can find. Here’s a sobering fact: supplement companies are not regulated with the same kind of rigor by the FDA as pharmaceuticals. This means there is no required quality control testing from pill to pill, or bottle to bottle. It also means you’re often getting loads of fillers and binders, sometimes accounting for as much as 40% of the supplement itself! Which is what you are getting if you are buying cheap supplements – in this case do yourself a favour don’t waste your money!
The supplements I recommend to clients are “beyond organic” (due to the tests thev do), natural and plant based pharmaceutical grade supplements, regulated by the FDA with the same rigor as their pharmaceuticals. For example, this means that a maximum of 2% of the content can be fillers or binding agents. Testing is done on raw material as well as on the finished product and – most companies only batch test but the supplements we use are tested pill by pill and bottle by bottle
I have done a lot of research and will only ever use and recommend products in which I have the utmost confidence. If you want to know more about the supplements I use don’t hesitate to contact me, but this is what you need to be looking out for:
- Most store bought supplements are loaded with binders, fillers, thickening agents and other things you don’t want to be putting in your body – remember the rule about food – it should be natural, organic etc this applies to your supplements as well
- Many companies with very little experience are trying to market dietary supplements
- Over 85% of supplements are made by third party manufacturers
- Most companies are not in charge of their own quality – the same as your food – if you make everything from scratch you are in charge you know what is in your food – so why buy supplements when in reality you have no idea what is in them?
- Does the company have third Party cGMP Certification.
- Potency, Purity, Safety – are the correct actives present in the optimum synergistic amounts? Does it contain the correct ingredients, are you 100% certain the product is not contaminated and safe when ingested?
- Highest potency is not always the best, optimum potency is the key
- are you 100% that all the label claims can be met
- Are the raw materials used pure – free of contaminants such as insects, insect fragments, animal or insect excreta, rocks, sticks, dirt, arsenic, cadmium, mercury, lead
- Free of cross contamination
- Do they test to parts per trillion – that is one dropper drop in three Olympic size swimming pools
Can you confidently, hand on heart answer all of these questions about the supplements you are taking and / or recommending? If not get these questions answered. Yes, nutraceuticals (pharmaceutical grade supplements) cost more than store bought brands but you will get the results you need. Your health is the most important thing in the world DO NOT compromise that by taking poor quality supplements.
The World Obesity Federation show the UK is spending more than £14 billion annually treating illness caused by excess weight – such as heart disease, diabetes and liver disease. Coronary heart disease is the leading cause of death. 23 years ago 1 in 50 children had autism now it is 1 in 10 and estimated to rise to 1 in 2. Our life expectancy at birth is 81 years of age, yet health expectancy is 71, which means that the majority of people are living the last 10 years of their life in ill health from a preventable illness.
The simplest and most effective way to increase nutrient intake, help the body to heal itself and to and reduce health care costs is through supplementation. Once you examine the facts, the question is no longer “why supplement?” but rather “why wouldn’t you supplement?” I truly believe that ssupplements can be used by everyone to protect against disease, eliminate deficiencies, prevent future illness, balance the body chemistry and ensure Elite Health in the long term – it’s your insurance policy. You insure your home, your car, your pets why won’t you insure the most precious things you own – your body and your health.
The company I use don’t guess they test, it is one of the reasons I am with them. They conduct over 600 tests and can guarantee the Purity, Potency and Safety of every single supplement that leaves their facility. Would you like to find out more, find out how you can access a FREE no obligation webinar to get more information and start leaving a legacy of health today. Contact us today for more information
Detox and cleansing is thrown around a lot at this time of the year, in relation to clean living and eating so should you cleanse, is it healthy and do they work? Cleansing has been part of cultural rituals in some areas of the world for thousands of years. All cultures have the same concepts, the aim is to stimulate the body’s natural detoxification pathways as well as ‘cleansing the soul’.
Traditionally a detox period comes with the change of the seasons and the promise of a new you, a new beginning and perhaps a new journey. It can aid with weight loss, glowing skin, renewed energy and a renewed zest for life. It does depends on the detox or cleanse but there is truth in this promise.
In biochemical terms Detoxification, defines the process by which harmful compounds, such as drugs or poisons, are converted to less toxic compounds in the body so they can excreted. If you are thinking – why on earth would our body need to detoxify, what and where do these poisons come from. Here’s a brief list:
- Skin care and personal care items
- Pesticides on our food
- All medications including pain relief and oral contraceptive pill
- Tap water
- Heavy metals in our environment
- Home fragrances
- Exhaust fumes
- Paint fumes, nail art, DIY material, toys, cleaning products
If you stop for a minute and list all of the chemicals that you come into contact with on a daily basis, the truth can be quite shocking.
The Environmental Working Group conducted a survey and concluded that on average women have an average exposure of up to 168 ingredients and that is just from the personal care products they use before they leave the house – face creams, soap, shampoo, perfumes, make-up etc and this is only the tip of the sword, the exposure continues via cleaning products around the home, fragrances, exhaust fumes, burnt and overcooked food, pesticides, plastic wrap and so it goes on. You can see how this list could easily slide up into the 100s and 1000s.
Considering all of these we are still functioning and this is because we have a very complex and fine-tuned system of detoxifying these poisons from our body – this is for the most part the role of the liver, but other organs such as skin, kidney, spleen and intestines are involved.
Our liver has a phenomenal capacity to convert the fat loving molecules into more water soluble metabolites which can be efficiently eliminated from the body. We refer to this as phase 1, phase 2 and phase 3 detoxification. The catch is that the liver needs specific nutrients to help it to do this and to carry out these thousands of processes. Some are provided through our food and some the body can manufacture itself. Therefore, you always need to make sure that a detox or cleanse supports all three phases of detoxification and that you are eating real whole food along with your cleanse, otherwise you may end up more toxic than when you started.
Picture this you are living in an urban area, you have a stressful job and possibly a long commute, your food is less than ideal as you buy a pre-packaged ‘healthy’ options from the grocery store and wash it down with a glass of wine or two, if you are eating processed and packaged foods you are further increasing or decreasing certain enzyme activity which results in less effective detoxification, so as you can see your toxic load is already brimming, so where are all those essential nutrients going to come from so that your liver can clean up and get rid of the toxins? Our liver adapts and learns to cut corners (it finds the way which requires the least amount of energy) and it will use up any reserves that you have left. Add on years and possibly decades of the same and hopefully you will start to see how despite our liver’s ability to continuing doing its job, some support and nurturing would not go amiss!
Here are some signs and symptoms of a sluggish and/or struggling liver:
- Poor and ‘foggy’ memory
- Abdominal bloating
- Hives, Itchy rashes, dermatitis and other skin conditions
- Body odour
- Bad breath Intolerance to alcohol
- Intolerance to coffee
- Difficulty losing weight or easy to gain weight
- Fat around the middle
- Chemical sensitivities
- Poor elimination e.g. constipation
- Fatty stools and indigestion
- Dark urine and stools
- Loss of appetite
- Low energy levels
The good news is, that the liver is the only organ that can regenerate itself if you give it the right support.
My main advice is:
- Reduce stress : lifestyle and environmental as much as possible
- Reduce your ‘toxic load’ through diet and lifestyle choices
- Eat local and organic food where possible
- Drink plenty of filtered water
- Choose a clean, whole food organic diet
- Remove refined and processed foods and added sugars
- Eat a nutrient-rich diet with plenty of fresh organic vegetables and the best quality meat and fish you can afford.
- Practice mindfulness and Meditation and have a positive outlook
If you would like to take this a step further and join our next 21 Day Purify Programme which starts on 26th February then email us to join, this 21 Day Programme supports your digestion and detoxification pathways and boosts your metabolism, we will also send you information on our skincare which is a unique blend of natural plant extracts, antioxidants, enzymes and advanced probiotic technology work to protect the skin and program it to look and act healthier – your skin is your second detox organ so it is just as important to protect and support your skin.